Free PDF to Excel Online Converter
|Internet media type||application/pdf|
|File format name||Portable Document Format|
|Associated programs||Adobe Viewer, Ghostscript, Ghostview, Xpdf, gPDF, Acrobat Reader|
|Initial Release:||15 June 1993|
|Internet media type||
|File format name||Microsoft Excel Open XML Spreadsheet|
|Associated programs||Microsoft Excel 2007, Open Office, Oxygen Office Progessional (Linux)|
How to convert a PDF file to an Excel spreadsheet online
- Open AltoConvertPDFtoExcel.com in your web browser.
- Within the app, click Choose File and attach a PDF document stored on your device.
- Click a Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive icon to import a file stored in the cloud.
- Wait for your upload to complete. Click Convert Now!
- Click Work on your PDF. Choose what else you’d like to do with your document.
- Click Download Now to save the converted Excel file to your device.
- Click a Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive icon export the resulting document to your cloud storage account.
- Click Start over again to convert another PDF file.
The Ultimate Features Comparison Chart
Because of the higher competition level on the Internet, choosing the right application can be difficult — especially if you don’t correctly compare it with the alternatives. Our comparative table will help you easily pinpoint your preferred solution to Convert PDF Documents to Excel. Review the innovative features of PDFtoEXCEL.
|No software downloads||✔||✔||❌|
|Cloud storage||Unlimited||No info||No info|
|Price||Free||Free 7-Day Trial paid||Free 7-Day Trial paid|
|Encryption and security||✔||✔||✔|
Customer Reviews — Trusted by great people
Definitely a very useful tool for working with tables. In the blink of an eye, you receive your excel table with all the data from the PDF file. It’s so convenient!
My number 1 choice! I deal with Exel spreadsheets on a daily basis. It used to take a bunch of time to transmit the data manually, but now the converter does everthing.
I love it! The whole process takes a couple of seconds, you won’t even have time to make cofee before it’s finished. It makes me happy that it’s free too.
How To Convert PDF to Excel
How To Convert PDF to Excel Online
Undoubtedly, one of the fastest and simplest ways to change the format of a document is to use an online converter that is not installed on the device. It’s ideal if it’s cross-platform and available from any internet-connected computer or phone. An online converter is very simple to use because it’s equipped with step-by-step instructions and has a user-friendly interface. Any new user can easily process documents, even if they have no experience in working with solutions of this type. The conversion process can be done in the following way:
- Click the “Choose” file button.
- Select the needed document from your computer and put it into the box using a simple drag and drop function.
- Once the PDF document is uploaded, click the “Convert” button. On the page that appears next, select the "Excel" button from the format options.
- The Pdf to Excel conversion will be instantly performed. Download the new file to your device or begin editing using various tools and features.
- When you're done with editing, click the 'Done' button and save the final result.
The operation can be repeated an unlimited number of times. Keep in mind that it is important to save the document in the converted format right after the process finishes. To make all your personal data and information in the document completely safe, the system removes all files from the service after you refresh the page or start a new operation. Documents and spreadsheets are encrypted and decrypted according to the latest methods and the usage of the service is absolutely safe.
How To Convert PDF to Excel in Google Chrome
Chrome developers proved that a simple browser can grow into something big and gain popularity fast. This software became the basis for the Chrome OS and keeps being the most loved among internet users. On top of the rich list of internal features, it is also a perfect basis for making extensions. Google Play market has hundreds of free features, easily installable on Chrome. As a result, everyone can style the browser or add to it any tools needed to make their work or hobby easier. Document transformation tools are also available. One of the most popular among them is Alto PDF to Excel converter for Chrome.
To convert a file with Alto PDF to Excel extension complete the steps given below:
- Go to Google Chrome Webstore and find a solution via the search engine.
- Install the extension and it will appear in the upper right panel.
- Click at the extension logo and select the document using the Choose file button or add it from the drive.
- Convert the document by clicking at the corresponding button.
- Save the spreadsheet to your device’s internal storage.
Alto Convert PDF to Excel can be easily installed, requires no registration and is free of charge. The solution sensitive to every page component and accurately converts every page to a separate Excel spreadsheet. The solution is installed in the browser, thus it takes not a single megabyte of memory in your device. Enriching your browser with this useful tool you get a perfect free solution, that is always available without additional research.
How To Convert PDF to Excel in Windows
The basic Windows system is usually not supported by any file readers or PDF converters. That is why an owner of Windows-based computers can choose one of the possible variants of templates creation. For example, it may be an installation of the solution from the Microsoft Store or usage of online solutions or browser extension. Also one can choose the full-featured service or the one that is focused on the particular process. Let us have a look at file conversion with the usage of the PDF to Excel converter, available from Microsoft Store.
After you installed the preferred software, follow these steps:
- Add one or several PDF files.
- Specify the output location of the spreadsheet.
- Click at the conversion button.
- The converted spreadsheet automatically saves in the included folder.
The installed solution will guarantee the secure file processing, as it is downloaded not from an unknown destination, but from the official MC Store. If you install a multi-functional solution it can be paid. Also, you will spend more time than in the case of using online software. The reason is that the procedure of installation and registration is more time-spending. On the other side, you will spend more time, but a needed solution will be always by hand.
How To Convert PDF to Excel on Mac
Mac laptops and desktop computers are equipped with various options including Preview PDF viewer and Pages text editor. Unfortunately, those default applications do not support Excel, because they create spreadsheets in their own format. That is why the conversion process is impossible without the usage of any additional solutions. We recommend visiting the AppStore and selecting the preferable solution from there. If you need just make a one-feature process, focus on the pure converters. Installation of the program from the App Store guarantees the security and safety of the selected solution.
Once you've installed the software, follow these instructions:
- Open the file in the program.
- Select the conversion option.
- Specify the output file format (if necessary).
- Submit the conversion button.
- Save a final file to the internal device’s storage.
When selecting a solution pay attention to how long you should use it and what functions you need. For occasional use, a free converter with basic features will perfectly fulfill your needs. For usage of a wider variety of options, install a full-featured solution. Some solutions may require registration, or be free just for the trial period. So carefully read the description of their features before installation.
It is also possible to not install any solutions at all and use an online converter.
How To Convert PDF to Excel Using Adobe Reader
The changing of PDF format into excel is easily completed with Adobe Acrobat DC. This version is installed from the official Adobe website. It integrates with all devices, once the user registers. Also, it synchronizes with the Document Cloud.
Thus, being installed like a desktop or mobile version it combines offline options with online features. For home use, it has a limited trial version, that has fewer tools than a paid one. Still, one can successfully process all docs with available features. The file conversion is also available in the trial.
The step-by-step instruction for format transformation goes as follows:
- Start with an opening file in Acrobat.
- Use the Export PDF tool in the right pane.
- Select the Excel format as an export format.
- Click on the Export option.
- Add file name and save it.
After the installation of Acrobat DC, you will have a week to explore its features and decide whether to stay on a limited trial or subscribe. The mobile version of the solution is also available and it is always free. Still, for synchronization, the monthly payments are required.
Also, the registration is obligatory (except for the mobile version). The software is equipped with multiple features for editing, certification, viewing, and management of PDFs.
There are a lot of available ways to convert pdf to excel, however, the most convenient one is AltoPDFtoExcel converter. All you have to do is upload the initial document on any device with an Internet connection, press the orange button and then either edit it or download, share, save. You can also work directly with Cloud Storage and Google Drive.